Terms and conditions
|The First Page|
Application Forms and related materials should be received at least 6 weeks prior to the Starting date of the Program. A confirmation of the enrolment will be sent by return post, fax or email.
A deposit of $400 is required upon Application procedure. Full payment must be made at least 4 weeks before the beg-inning of the Program. Any late Payments may result in a failure of reservation, V.V , Early Payment is entitled a first priority of reservation. All payment must be made in US Dollars by check, money order, wire transfer, or credit card. All checks and mo-ney orders shall be made payable to TSCE.
Without prior approval By TSCE, participants who attend a Program, but do not finish it will not be entitled to a refund.
Participants, who change Program or dates less than 2 weeks before arrival or during the Program, will be charged an extra administration fee of $100 subject to the space available.
All Particiapants have to make themselves insurance arrangement for personal liability, accident, illness, repatriation, cancellation, loss and theft of personal belongings.
Recommended Credit Transfer Steps
1. Obtain transfer credit approval before your departure
Meet with your school’s study abroad or international office to begin the process. Your campus office will give you all necessary credit transfer pre-approval forms and instruct you on which departments you should visit to have them properly approved.
2. Attend and pass your courses while abroad
While abroad, it is your responsibility to attend class, complete exams, and keep up with your studies, as receiving credit will be based upon the evaluation by your host institution instructor(s) at the end of the term. Also, it is imperative that you keep all syllabi, books, class notes, homework, exams, or any other acquired course materials. Though students will receive transfer credit approval prior to leaving, these documents will be extremely important in the event of any discrepancies in credit transfer upon return to your home university.
3. Receive your foreign transcript
Upon completion of the program, TSCE will arrange for your host university to send your official transcript/certificate to your home university. TSCE will also send you an unofficial copy of your transcripts and certificates to keep for your records. Once your home university receives and processes your transcript, your credits will appear on your transcript.
Passport and Visa Information
For summer programs less than 90 days, only a valid passport is require
1. The information Participants provided must be true and documents given in support of Application are complete and accurate.
2. Participants will abide by the laws of the People's Republic of China and will not engage in activities that bear no relation to academic pursuit in China.
3. Participants will observe the Host University’s Regulations during the course study.
4. All Participants’ information is limited to the use of TSCE Program and no further extend.
Laws and Regulations Governing Foreigners in China
In most cases, embassies are powerless to help the teacher in trouble other than notify family and act as consultant. Breaking Chinese regulations can be as small as not having your Residency Permit in a timely manner (fine is involved) to being involved in a traffic accident where the blame is put on the foreigner (large fines, possible incarceration, probably deportation depending on the circumstances). The foreign teachers should realize that any infraction in their own country is probably an infraction in China.
Foreigners should not participate in any political gatherings and should be aware that underground churches are monitored. Participation can be perceived as breaking the law and arrest can follow. Proselytizing is also not allowed, in or out of the classroom.
If a teacher of Chinese background enters China using only an ID card, they are treated as a Chinese citizen in cases of breaking the law. The embassies have no jurisdiction over that person, even if a citizen of another nation.
If there are questions concerning specific regulations, these should be discussed with the school/institution foreign affairs officer.
(State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs October 18, 2006)
Management Regulations for Foreign Students by host university
1. Foreign students shall abide by Chinese laws and regulations. Interfering in China's internal affairs is not allowed.
2. In order to promoting international friendship of all peoples, foreign students should respect the traditions and customs of Chinese people; they should respect teachers and school staff.
3. Foreign students should preserve the public order and subject to the discipline of the university. Gambling, strong drink, fighting and drug taking are not permitted.
4. Foreign students should come to class regularly. Foreign students should get the permission of the International Affairs Division if there is a leave, which is requested for personal reasons.
5. Handing out leaflets, posting publicity materials and holding assembly or meeting within the campus should be pre-approved by the International Affairs Division.
6. Foreign students are not allowed to do part-time job on and off the campus.
1. Before going to bed, please make sure that your door is locked properly.
2. Foreign students should take care of their personal belongings. Large amount of money should be kept in the bank. Be sure to turn off the electric appliances and lock the door and the windows before leaving the apartment. Apartments and facilities inside should be well maintained.
3. For the sake of safety, it is advised that foreign students not leave the campus alone in the night. Foreign students should come back to dormitory before 11:00 pm.; foreign students’ visitors are not allowed to stay in the apartment overnight without the permission of the International Affairs Division.
4. The staff of International Affairs Division may accompany the foreign student to hospital and offer necessary assistance when the student is sick. If the student is seriously ill or in unexpected emergency, Shandong University of Art and Design will inform Unitec immediately, and will offer the necessary assistance.