The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has been established to foster the academic collaboration and exchange with other foreign universities around the world. Its mission includes promoting international exchange, maintaining and enforcing cooperative relationships with sister universities and institutions, as well as providing counseling, coordination and services for foreign experts and international students at Hebei Institute of Foreign Languages. Its major responsibilities are as follows:
1. Recruiting foreign experts and foreign teachers. Assisting foreign experts and foreign teachers with visa applications, orientation and housing.
2. Promoting international academic and educational exchanges with foreign universities and institutions.
3. Helping Chinese staff with visa application procedures for going abroad to giving lectures, attending international conferences and so on.
4. Sending Chinese students abroad and offering language training.
5. Recruiting foreign students and organizing the teaching for them.
6. Receiving visiting missions from abroad